Jinghong Song is a writer who has written everything from down-to-earth financial advice books to highly entertaining romance novels. He is passionate about developing new works that readers around the world can connect to, and he is often inspired by reading the works of others. In fact, when he was younger, it was reading great books that motivated him to become a writer. If you don’t read, here’s why you should start making it a habit – it can have huge benefits for you, both physically and mentally.
- Reading is good for developing your brain. As we age, our mental acuity naturally declines if we don’t ‘train’ our brains, so to speak. Reading helps improve your brain’s ability to focus, and it also can help improve your vocabulary by teaching you new words. By incorporating reading into your routine, you’ll help prevent problems with your brain in the future.
- Reading gets you away from the TV and other electronics. In today’s world of digital addiction, many people spend hours and hours each day in front of a screen. This can be horribly detrimental to our health. If you spend too much time on the computer, for instance, you are likely to find that you get less sleep, and you may experience dry, sore eyes as well. Reading is a great way to get away from that.
- Reading is entertaining! When you find a great book to read, you’ll feel like you have been sucked in – you won’t be able to put it down. A great work of fiction will feel just as satisfying as watching an amazing movie, while works of non-fiction will help teach you about the world around you in a way that is fun and engaging. Because reading is so entertaining, it is also a great way to relax and beat stress. People who read often find that they feel better about their problems afterwards.
- Reading is a fun activity that you can do on the go. While you need to have internet access or cable to watch movies or TV, you can easily bring a book with you anywhere in the world and get completely sucked in. This means that reading is a great habit for people who travel to pick up, because it will give them something fun to do, no matter where they are in the world.
- Reading is an affordable way to entertain yourself. If you have a library nearby, you’ll be able to check out tons of books for free. If not, look for a local bookstore that has used options – you’ll likely find copies of some great works at an affordable price.
Jinghong Song frequently reads to garner inspiration for his next works.